My Mother-in-law is now in very similar shoes as she was all of those years ago with me. Re-married after the death of Jim's father James, to a man name Fred who is struggling deeply with his health. Jean has always had the heart of a servant overflowing with compassion. Fred's care is becoming somewhat demanding and she is there without complaint. Though the story is not mine to tell, I will say that Jean is now in need of some of the same compassion she once blessed so many others with. I know there is much in life we don't understand, but I also know that God will remain faithful and one day He'll piece together the bigger picture. I pray that God will give me His eyes and hands to be able to love them as they and He have loved me.
Please let me say, that this does not mean that I am fearless...OH MY NO! My knees shake and my heart pounds. I still have my challenges and struggles with fear, but for right now, I do not let them control me. I say for right now, because I am human, and I will never, ever completely conquer anything until I am no longer on this earth but for right now, I will praise the Father who has given me His word so that I may have a sound mind; His Son, so that I may have forgiveness when I fail.
I thought maybe I should refer back to something I said in my last blog post about not wanting to be on any medications. I physically did not have a need to be on any medication. I was on medication because I told myself I needed to be and my doctor was willing to work with me while I worked through that. However, if you are on medications because your doctor subscribed them for you, I would encourage you to never go off of any medicine with out clearing it with your doctor first. I believe strongly that some people need medications and I am thankful that we have those resources to help us when we need them.
Going through times of struggle are not always bad. I wouldn't want to go back to that place but I am thankful for the opportunity to learn. My eyes have been opened to a lot of things that I would perhaps someday walk blindly into otherwise. It is a process... a journey, and I. will. not. give. up.
No comments:
Post a Comment